Delroy Orchards is seeking Agriculture Technician (Mechanic). Your role will be to maintain, test, and repair both petrol and diesel engines and the mechanical parts of lightweight motor vehicles such as transmissions, suspension, steering, and brakes on various new and well-maintained horticultural machinery:
- Detecting and diagnosing faults in plant and equipment
- Dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, hydraulic circuits, steering mechanisms, and other components
- Repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components
- Rapid response machinery breakdown service calls, particularly throughout busy harvest windows
- Performing scheduled maintenance services to ensure compliance with regulations and machine longevity including oil changes, lubrication, and engine tune-ups
- Testing and adjusting mechanical parts post repair to ensure effective performance
- Completing timesheets and other administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain workshop including an inventory of parts, tools, oils, and lubricants, coordinate restocking as required
- Performing all other related duties as instructed by relevant supervisors/management
- Adhering to best practice safety procedures and policies and working in a safe and conscientious manner at all times and supervise co-workers whilst in the workshop to ensure OHS standards are adhered to.
To be eligible, you must have:
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above.
Annual Salary: $59,000.00 - $68,000.00