Your new company
Located in Sydney’s CBD, this local government council is seeking an Asset Engineer to join their Infrastructure and Traffic Operations team for 12-months.
Your new role
- Assist the Principal Engineer in the development of future works programs on access and inclusion and implementation of the City’s asset management strategies to ensure that the City’s civil assets perform to optimum service.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that the access infrastructure including ramps and continuous footpath constructed by developers and others meet the City’s standards.
- Undertake technical, risk management and condition investigations of civil assets to ensure conformance with appropriate asset management plans, policies and procedures.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that the City’s Corporate Asset Management System (CAMS), asset inventories, associated data, reports and recommendations are based on sound engineering practices and procedures.
- Prepare feasibility assessments, concept designs, budgeting and prioritization for assets within the teams responsibility.
- Liaise with Program Delivery and other stake holders and report annually on the number of ramps and other access facilities constructed
- Communicate with Social Policy team with regards to consultation and feedback from Disability Action Group
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience in road pavement analysis and design, visual assessment of civil assets, recognition of defects and their rectification requirements.
- Experience in inspection, prioritization and developing maintenance and renewal programs for bridges, retaining walls, maritime assets and footway assets.
- Experience in the preparation of briefs for the engagement of consultants and the management of contracts.
- Experience in asset management techniques including, Asset Management Systems ,condition assessment and development of short and long term Asset Management Plans.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.
- Class C drivers’ license
What you'll get in return
- 12-month contract
- Competitive hourly rate
- Supportive managerial structure
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2415365