Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio. Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
Group Finance is a true business partner, driving faster and more effective decision making through concise and insightful analysis. Group Finance supports the business with clear and predictable systems and processes. As part of Group Finance, Group PP&I are responsible for overseeing Nine’s budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis activities. The team is also responsible for finance business partnering of all corporate functions together with the management of related expenditure, processing and reporting.
Act as a business partner to Heads of Group Departments (Head Office, Finance, Property, IT, HR, Legal) to provide accounting support and analysis to help them meet the objectives of their department. Provide insight and analysis on performance through preparation of monthly reporting. The role will also involve overseeing group analysts with responsibility for accounting for group departments and liaising with other finance teams.
- Oversee accounting for Corporate departments. This includes responsibility for group accounting performed by the analysts, including forecasting for these departments
- Manage group analysts with responsibility for providing business unit support and accounting to certain group departments (Head Office, Finance, Property, IT, HR, Legal).
- Act as a business partner to heads of above group departments to provide analysis and support to help them meet their department objectives, including meeting budgets and other financial KPIs (e.g. cost savings)
- Preparation & improvement of monthly reporting including managing the monthly variance analysis and providing commentary on the financial performance and forecasts
- Oversee the preparation of the corporate department budgets (Head Office, Finance, Property, IT, HR, Legal)
- Review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the above areas
- Oversee management & reporting of Corporate Capex & projects
- Assist with the ongoing Finance Transformation project including but not limited to Data Migration reconciliation, system testing and providing input & advice when required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Commerce - Accounting/Finance
- CPA or CA qualification essential.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate teams and individuals.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to liaise with staff at all levels both within and external to the organisation.
- Experience in delivering insightful reporting analytics and financial/commercial information to manage business risks and opportunities.
Media is a fast-changing environment that provides interesting engineering challenges working at scale. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this team.
Nine embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of customers, audiences and communities we serve.