Delroy Orchards is seeking a Fitter and Welder. As a Horticultural Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for repairing, overhauling, and maintaining mobile machinery, fixed machinery, pumps, and compressors on the orchard and the fruit handling facility. Tasks and duties of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, organize, and ensure that all maintenance and repair activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment
- Use oxy, electric, TIG, and MIG welding techniques and machining processes to replace and repair parts and equipment
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance, and fit using precision measuring instruments
- Diagnose and repair faulty machines, pumps, compressors, and tools
- Fabricate and install replacement hydraulic and pneumatic hoses and lines
- Utilize correct techniques when fitting fine tolerances of machined surfaces, such as bearings, seals, robotic manipulators, etc
- Ensure all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentation is completed on time
- Strong organization skills working on your own and as part of a team
- Have a thorough understanding and commitment to workplace health and safety, as well as food quality and environmental standards.
To be eligible, you must have:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV
- At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above.
Annual Salary: $55,000.00-$68,000.00