Delroy Orchards is seeking a Horticulture Section Supervisor. As an Orchard Section Supervisor, you are a vital link in ensuring crop harvest, maintenance, and care activities are carried out pursuant to management instruction. Your tasks will include:
- Undertake fruit counts and maturity testing to ensure readiness for harvest
- Daily coordination and supervision of labour crews within orchard sections including pre-harvest, harvest, post-harvest pruning and general orchard maintenance activities in conjunction with management
- Liaise with plant operators to ensure harvested fruit is delivered back to shed storage in an expedient manner
- Liaise with machinery supervisor on machinery operation and performance and immediately alert of any issues or breakdowns
- Monitor and report signs of pest or disease issues within orchard
- Monitor and report signs of irrigation faults within orchard back to the Irrigation manager
- Ensure workers comply with OH&S including correct and proper use of PPE
- Ongoing monitoring labour productivity and identifying impediments to optimal output.
To be eligible, you must have:
At least relevant AQF Cert IV or equivalent AND 1 year (20+hpw) relevant post qualifications experience.