Delroy Orchards is seeking a Machinery Manager. As a Machinery Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of fruit grading lines within a busy fruit handling facility.
- Effectively and efficiently run fruit grades and packaging lines on a day-to-day basis, under the direction of the Shed Managers
- Liaise with the quality control officer and Shed Manager on a day-to-day basis to ensure the correct quality standards and customer specifications are met
- Set and control the operation of the MAF operating system to obtain accurate performance which meet specifications and packing instructions
- Have full knowledge of all the protocols that must be met for domestic and export fruit, and check the packing instructions, labelling (cartons, crates, and pallets) and traceability systems match the requirements for those markets
- Coordinate fruit bin inputs with the forklift driver
- Liaise with the designated chemical supervisor to ensure that effective and timely monitoring and management of all line functions are carried out in a timely manner
- Perform packhouse staff training as requested by Shed Manager
- Assist in the management of all packing lines as required by shed management
- Have a full understanding of the traceability system
- Ensure the fruit label applicators are functioning to their full potential and general maintenance when required
- Follow Occupation Health & Safety policies and procedures and help ensure all packing shed staff complies with occupational health and safety, and quality assurance requirements
- Report repairs and maintenance requirements promptly to the maintenance staff.
To be eligible, you must have:
At least a relevant AQF Diploma or equivalent OR 3 years employment experience as a machinery manager.
Salary: $60,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year