Delroy Orchards is seeking a Mobile Plant Operator. As Mobile Plant Operator your daily duties will include:
- Preparing and positioning farm plant for safe operation
- Operating tractor-drawn and self-propelled plant to plough land and sow, fertilise and cultivate new horticulture land in preparation for future development
- Peration of telehandlers (manitou) for a diverse range of tasks including unloading trucks in greenfield developments, transporting heavy equipment across/around production sites, beehive relocation during pollination season
- Adjusting speed, height, and depth of implements as well as operating attachments to lift, swing, release, etc
- Safely connecting and operating a tractor-drawn slasher as part of ongoing orchard maintenance
- Operating open cab tractor towing up to five full fruit bins across several picking crews
- Safe and efficient operation and basic servicing of cherry picker/boom lifts for harvesting
- Keeping bin tallies and writing daily harvest reports
- Undertake basic plant maintenance and coordinating major services and repairs as required with Mechanic.
To be eligible, you must have:
At least a relevant AQF Cert II or equivalent AND at least 1 year (20+hpw) Relevant experience
At least 2 years (10+hpw) relevant experience AND at least 2 years post qualifications experience.