A great opportunity to join a Local Government organisation on a 3-month temporary basis.
Your new role
The Safety Officers duties will include supporting with site inspections, contractor audits and reports on contractor compliance to safety requirements and specifications, with a focus towards public safety, occupational safety and health, construction safety, and traffic management safety.
Key duties include:
- Promote & monitor compliance with policies, standards, procedures, legislation, & project HSE Plans.
- Compile project HSE performance and statistical reports as required for internal / external reporting.
- Assist with the review and validation of corporate and site procedures
- Maintain systems, HSE data retention and distribution
What you'll need to succeed
Prior experience in a similar role within this area will lead to your success, as will:
- Completion of, or significant progression towards a Tertiary or equivalent qualification in a relevant field or discipline and/or extensive relevant experience.
- Well-developed knowledge of OH&S legislation, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards
- Proven relevant experience in the internal auditing of quality and safety management systems.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience within a Local Government organisation.
- Possession of a current Western Australian ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ Class Driver’s License or equivalent.
What you need to do now
If you’re passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information and a confidential discussion or to find out about other opportunities in Engineering & Construction within Local Government contact Kate Harris at Hays on 0892544511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LHS 297508 #2643321