Underground Operators/Supervisors - Looking for a change
Our client is a global underground company and they are looking at growing their team in Mt Isa. This a great opportunity for the right person. The role will be off the tools but you'll still be using all your knowledge and experience you have gain from operating underground machinery and working in the mining industry.
About the Position
Based out of our Mt Isa branch and reporting to the Regional Sales Manager - Qld Coal, the Technical Services Representative, is responsible for technical sales and service of all products.
This customer-centric role also plays a crucial part in implementing our customer-specific sales plans to achieve increased sales, revenue growth and strengthen the value of our products and services to our existing customers while enhancing the business's profile.
Core duties include:
- Promote industry-leading professional relationships with both existing and prospective customers;
- Work with all departments mine-wide to ensure a "finger on the pulse" attitude is achieved;
- Work closely with customers to continually improve and add value to their business, at the same time recognising the implications of our actions on profitability;
- Liaise closely with our planning and operations teams to ensure operational forecasts are developed to fulfil upcoming customer requirements and/or support new product trials;
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer records in our CRM system;
- Present a professional level of report and business writing skills;
- Monitor and record customer stock levels and resin anchor rotation;
- Ensure that company products are performing to the satisfaction of customers;
- Check that performance of products meets quality standards
- Address customer complaints efficiently and according to the work instruction;
- Promote and maintain the safety culture.
You will also possess all the following attributes:
- A "Winning Together" attitude that fosters successful team outcomes;
- Highly developed planning/organisation, negotiation and communication skills;
- Previous experience in underground coal mining (ideally with strata support experience);
- Ability to understand technical concepts and converse with mine geotechnics;
- Ability to engage, build and maintain customer relationships across multiple stakeholders;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
- Ability to work independently and to problem-solve technical issues on the fly while supported by our Technical product managers; and
- Willingness and flexibility to undertake regular domestic travel in your allocated sales region.
What We Offer You
- Professional Development opportunities and support with CPD;
- Discounted private health insurance and other benefits with leading providers;
- Access to our exclusive Recognition, Benefits and Good Vibes Program "Spirit Circle";
- Flexible work options;
- Christmas Gift and Birthday celebrations;
- Monthly People and Community events, e.g. Jeans for Genes Day, One Foot Forward etc.;
- Employer-funded Employee Assistance Program (EAP) access for you and your immediate family;
- Opportunity to develop within an expanding and ethical global organisation as integrate into our Sandvik family;
- PLUS more!
If you are interested in the role apply now or for a confidential chat call Melissa Stavris on (07) 3120 0818 or apply online!