Bunbury's Consumer Protection urges Parade Hotel customers to come forward

The Parade Hotel closed its doors unexpectedly last week.
The Parade Hotel closed its doors unexpectedly last week.

CUSTOMERS who believe they are owed money after the unexpected closure of Bunbury's Parade Hotel last week have been urged to contact Consumer Protection. 

Signs posted on the hotel's door last Wednesday informed staff and customers that the business was closed until further notice. 

Employees of the business told the Bunbury Mail they had not had any warning that they would be out of a job. 

The hotel employed about 30 people, including kitchen, bar and restaurant staff. 

After the closure was reported on bunburymail.com.au last week, many customers vented their frustration on social media, claiming they had paid $500 deposits to secure the venue for upcoming functions. 

But the local Consumer Protection office has not received contact from customers and is therefore unable to move forward with an investigation into the matter. 

In September last year, local restaurant The World Kitchen also closed without warning and Consumer Protection received reports of people paying thousands of dollars in deposits for weddings and other functions at the venue. 

The Parade, located on Austral Parade on the Leschenault Inlet, is a popular venue across the summer months with hundreds flocking to its Sunday sessions, but becomes quieter in winter.

Up until recently, local venue manager Margaret Newton also ran Exit Nightclub and Noovoh restaurant on the Back Beach but the venues have changed hands. 

Mrs Newton told the Mail she did not wish to make a comment. 

Contact the Consumer Protection office on 9722 2888, 1300 30 40 54 or email consumer@commerce.wa.gov.au

Comments