Bunbury man Clive William Black declined his right to bail after his sentencing hearing relating to 15 charges of indecent dealings with children under 14 years was adjourned to April next year.
Black, 72, who had pleaded guilty to all charges, chose to not make an application for bail to be extended and was remanded in custody when he fronted Bunbury District Court on Monday.
On September 29 this year, Black pleaded guilty to 14 counts of indecent dealings with six girls aged between eight and 14 between 1986 and 1993.
He again fronted court on October 10 where he pleaded guilty to one further count of indecent dealing of a child under 14 years between June-December 1989.
State prosecutor Edward Fitzpatrick requested the hearing be adjourned to January to give prosecution more time to review legislation, police briefs and recorded interviews with six of Black’s victims.
With the earliest date available for a hearing in Bunbury being March, the judge said he was "perplexed" at the prosecution's request for adjournment as guilty pleas had been entered in September and all parties deserved a resolution.
Mr Fitzpatrick also urged the court to not adjourn the case to be heard in Perth as Black's victims had stated they wanted to be present for the hearing.
"I would not be adjourning this till April but I am prepared to accommodate this only because the complainants want to be present," the judge said.
"There will be no more excuse in terms of preparation for the matter."
Black will face Bunbury District Court for sentencing on April 24.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.