Eaton demolish Hawks | Photos

The Eaton Boomers were in complete control of the game in round three of the South West Football League when they hosted the Augusta Margaret River Hawks at Hands Oval.

It was a tight tussle to start the match with no score being made by either side for quite some time.

The Hawks’ Cam Melvin was able to break the pressure with the first goal of the match.

Once the first goal was kicked it opened the game up but not in the Hawks’ favour.

Eaton’s Jay Walton kicked their first of six for the quarter.

The home side were able to dominate most of the quarter with the Hawks’ struggling to get it back into their forward 50.

Even when the Hawks were close to goal they were unable to convert.

The first quarter score was 6.2 (38) to 1.2 (8).

Eaton came out firing in the second quarter with Matt Buchanan kicking his second for the match and first for the quarter.

While the Hawks were unable to put any pressure on the scoreboard, players Seve Grantis and James Price worked tirelessly around the ground.

Eaton’s Jace Cormack was dominant in the midfield as well as Will Oelsnik cleaning up in the backline.

Young gun Jacob Ingham kicked a couple goals in the second quarter to increase the lead to eight goals at half time.

His second goal was after receiving a free kick for a heavy knock to the head in a marking contest.

The half time score was 11.6 (72) to 3.4 (22)

The half time break was exactly what the Augusta Margaret River Hawks needed as they came out a much better side.

Mitch Payne from the Hawks was forced off the ground after a head knock which also cause some blood in his mouth.

However this did not stop the Hawks from applying relentless pressure in the third term.

The Hawks’ Josh Morgan kicked the team’s fourth goal for the match.

The away side were able to keep Eaton scoreless in the third term, making the game a bit more interesting.

It was a different story going into the last term for the match with Eaton back on top of their game and kicking the first goal for the quarter.

Hawks’ Grant Garstone kicked their only major in the fourth quarter.

The last 15 minutes became a bit of onslaught from the home side with the Hawks running out of legs.

Eaton kicked five goals in the last quarter to win by 10 goals.

The final score was 16.10 (106) to 6.6 (42).

The Eaton Boomers will travel to Donnybrook for round four.

Augusta Margaret River will host Busselton for the annual Busselton Toyota Cup.

This story Eaton demolish Hawks | Photos first appeared on Augusta-Margaret River Mail.