It was a perfect storm at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium on Sunday night, with Melbourne walking away as the 2017 premiership winners.
The Storm led the Cowboys, 18-0 at halftime – the biggest halftime lead since the 2001 decider between Newcastle and Parramatta.
It was a sign of what was to come, with Melbourne topping off a memorable season with a 34-6 win against the Cowboys.
The win followed the much-talked about performance from US rapper, Macklemore.
See how the 2017 NRL Grand Final played out in photos
- Melbourne Storm put themselves among their club's greatest sides with premiership win
- NRL fans gear up for the big game
- NYC grand final: Manly Sea Eagles come from the clouds to beat Parramatta Eels
- State Championship: Penrith Panthers far too strong for PNG Hunters
- Macklemore to donate Same Love Australian proceeds to 'yes' campaign
Billy Slater named the 2017 Clive Churchill Medalist
Storm’s Billy Slater took out the prestigious Clive Churchill Medal at this year’s grand final.
His numbers for the big game included one try, one try assist and 168m ran.
Teary-eyed, the NRL great thanked his team, the Cowboys and his wife, Nicole Slater.
“It’s been a rocky road these last couple of years, but I certainly couldn’t be standing here today without your support,” he said.