A bushfire advicehas been issued for people travelling along Forrest Highway, near Pead Road, south of the Myalup Roadhouse, in Binningup in the Shire of Harvey.
There is no threat to lives or homes.
Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
The fire started near the intersection of Forrest Highway and Taranto Road in Binningup.
There is smoke over Forrest Highway.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a easterly direction.
- It is not contained.
- The fire is burning on the western side of Forrest Highway.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
- Roads have not been closed.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Harvey.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
- Approximately eight Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 11:53 AM on 3 November 2017 and currently there has been approximately two hectares burnt.
- The Shire of Harvey is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/,