SWFL 2019, Round Three: Carey Park picks up 14-point win over Collie Eagles

Following its 103-point loss to the Eaton Boomers in Round Two, Carey Park bounced back with a narrow win over Collie Eagles on Saturday afternoon.

The Anzac Day clash saw players, coaches, and crowd members come together to remember Australia's brave servicemen and women.

Eager to secure their first win of the season, the Eagles opted to kick with the wind in the opening term.

Both teams were anxious throughout the first quarter. Carey Park struggled to maintain possession, while the Eagles caused several turnovers.

Midway through the term, Carey Park gained in strength and kicked multiple shots on goal.

The Eagles made some smart decisions around the ground, before a goal from Jack Dye put them in front.

Carey Park's Andrew Rake angered the crowd by hand-balling over the goal-line from outside the goalsquare.

Moments later, Jacob Peters extended the visitors' lead with a set shot close to the boundary line.

After getting the ball into their forward 50, the Panthers took control of the game.

Jeffrey Carter booted the Panthers' first goal, before teammate Samuel Read's snap kick slipped through the point posts.

The Eagles were in a strong position with an eight-point lead at quarter time.

Tempers reached boiling point on and off the field during the second term.

The home crowd roared as Riese Wilkey and Cody Garlett booted one goal each to put the Panthers in front.

Soon after, Carter notched up his second goal to extend the Panthers' lead.

The Eagles then gave away a 50-metre penalty - setting up Heath Stewart to kick the home side's fifth.

Peters' second goal and Alex Tweedie's first helped Collie to close the gap.

Following a spirited comeback, the Eagles trailed by just six at half time.

The momentum swung back in Collie's favour in the third term.

The Eagles' midfielders moved quickly around the ground and set up multiple attempts on goal.

Jeffrey Smith put Collie back in front with a set shot from the goalsquare, before teammate Samuel Salmeri extended the visitors' lead.

Wilkey booted his second goal to resurrect the Panthers' chances at victory.

Trailing by one point at three-quarter time, Carey Park received some wise words of advice from long-serving coach Richard Barnard.

Tweedie received a 50m penalty and kicked his second goal early in the fourth quarter.

The tables then turned, after Collie's Talan Michael was sent off for his involvement in a flare-up.

Fending off Eagles' full back Matt Blackford, Wilkey came to the rescue by kicking another three goals.

The Panthers notched up their second win from three starts with a 9.8.62 to 7.6.48 result.

In front of fans at PC Payne Park, Bunbury kicked three unanswered goals against reigning premiers Donnybrook in the second term.

Following an entertaining final quarter, the Bulldogs secured the four points with a 10.9.69 to 8.18.66 victory.

Harvey-Brunswick-Leschenault scored a whopping 17.14.116 to 8.5.53 win over Augusta-Margaret River at Gloucester Park.

The Lions silenced their critics by kicking 10 goals to two in the second half.

Eaton claimed its third consecutive win after defeating Busselton on Sunday afternoon.

Both teams put up a fight, before the Boomers came away with a tight 9.8.62 to 7.11.53 victory.

Booting seven goals in the fourth term, South Bunbury secured a commanding 16.18.144 to 3.12.30 win over Harvey Bulls.

Tigers Craig Hutcheson, Kelvin Lawrence, and Benjamin Horsman impressed with three goals each.

Teams will return to the field for Round Four this weekend.

Read more: