A 35-year-old man will appear in Bunbury Magistrates Court on March 15 for a number of child sex offence charges.
The child abuse squad and joint anti child exploitation team first arrested the man on December 29, 2020 in relation to offences against two boys aged between seven and eight years old at the time of the alleged offences which occurred between 2019 and 2020.
The man was charged with 11 counts of indecently recording a child under 13 and five counts of indecent dealing of a child under 13.
The police further allege that at the time of man's arrest he was in possession of an external storage device.
Analysis of the device by Technology Crime Squad identified a number of images and recordings containing child sexual offences.
The investigation continued and on February 15, 2021 the man was further charged with:
- 11 counts of Indecently Record a Child under 13 years;
- Five counts of Indecent Dealing of a Child under 13 years;
- Three counts of Possess Child Exploitation Material;
- Two counts of Show Offensive Material to a Child under 16 years;
- Two counts of Carnal Knowledge of an Animal;
- One count of Sexual Penetration of a Child under 13 years;
- One count of Possess or Copy an Indecent or Obscene Article; and
- One count of Record Visually a Private Activity to which that Person is a Party.
If you are or have been a victim of sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone being abused, please contact police on 131 444.